Navigating within the Notes Area
The image below (from v. 2.15) contains one Level 0 topic (“Inheritance”) and three Level 1 topics — children of the Level 0 topic. One of the children has been selected (“Added as”); previously, the “Inheritance” topic’s text was added to the Notes area, indicated by the green 10 (info on how to add text to the Notes area).
In Tip #3, information will be provided about each of the ten green-numbered items. To do #1-8 below, the Notes area needs to be open with text in it.
- The icon beneath #1, when pressed, causes a black horizontal bar with this info to appear: | Select | Select All | Paste | BIU |.
- Each time the icon beneath #2 is tapped, the Notes area cursor will move one word to the left with the cursor positioned before that word’s first letter.
- Each time the icon beneath #3 is tapped, the Notes area cursor will move one word to the right with the cursor positioned after that word’s last letter.
- Each time the icon beneath #4 is tapped, the Notes area cursor will move one character to the left.
- Each time the icon beneath #5 is tapped, the Notes area cursor will move one character to the right.
- This icon opens the Text Style window. It allows you to change the following in the selected note text: font, color, font style (bold, italic, underline, strikethrough) and, if all the note text is selected, its alignment (left, center, right).
- The minus sign decreases the size of the selected note text.
- The plus increases the size of the selected note text.
- The “V” opens the Notes area; an inverted “V” closes it.
- Just typing text in a topic does not automatically add that text to the Notes area. A topic’s text must be selected and transferred the Notes area; similarly, just typing new text in the Notes area does not automatically add that text to a selected topic.