How to Add a Note to a Topic
- Select a topic. In the image below (from v. 2.15), the main topic (“Inheritance”) has been selected, indicated by the dashed line outlining it.
- Double-tap the topic to switch to text mode, indicated when a blinking cursor appears in the topic.
- Tap and hold on a word until a horizontal black bar appears with these options:
- Select | Select All | Paste | BIU
- Tap “Select All.” All the topic’s text will be highlighted.
- A new horizontal black bar appears with nine options: The rightmost one is “Add to Note.” Tap it.
- The selected text will now appear above the map in the Notes area, separated from the map by a horizontal line. Centered just below the horizontal line is a large caret (^): When the caret is upside down, the Notes area is not visible. To its right is a plus sign; to its left, a minus sign. Tapping the plus sign increases the note’s font size; tapping the minus sign decreases it.
Note: Text added to a note in the Notes area does not appear in its topic.